Talk to a PT on the phone 1st Ask About Cost & Availability Free 20 min Discovery VisitPregnancy & Postpartum
Pregnancy is one of the most amazing and life changing experiences that a woman can experience. It can also be a difficult time to take care of yourself. Yet, pelvic floor issues commonly occur during this time, and often can be corrected with minimal effort. Taking care of these issues when they occur can eliminate years of unnecessary pain and incontinence. It is estimated that during pregnancy…
- 45% of pregnant women experience pelvic girdle pain. This can cause daily pain, and/or cause pain with sex
- Stress urinary incontinence during pregnancy may affect 19% to 70% of women
- 35% of new moms experience stress urinary incontinence (leaking with coughing, sneezing, lifting, jumping, etc) in the postpartum period.
- More than 50% of women have a diastatis rectus abdominis after pregnancy. (A diastatis rectus abdominis is the separation of the abs from their central tendon and is a leading cause of low back pain, stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.)
- 20% of first-time moms show severe pelvic floor muscle injury after a normal pregnancy/delivery.
- 25% of women with pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy remain in pain after delivery.
These issues are not exclusively limited to women with vaginal deliveries. The hormones released in the body during pregnancy can loosen ligaments in the body putting mom more at risk for pelvic rotations even if she has had a c-section. The scar tissue from the c-section may also decrease the ability of the pelvic floor muscles to fully relax or contract, leading to pain and incontinence.
The Perfect Pelvis can fully assess the function of the abdominal muscles, general posture, scar tissue mobility and the function of the pelvic floor muscles. When the cause of the issue has been found, a personalized treatment program can be developed to address the cause, allowing you to get back to living the life you want.
Don’t wait any longer, The Perfect Pelvis can help.Talk to a PT on the phone 1st Ask About Cost & Availability Free 20 min Discovery Visit